Looking for the best Pizza stone for wood fired oven? A bit on the difficult side, don’t you think We’ll get to your answer, but first let’s start by saying that there are a lot of choices out there, and many have different features. Some cheaper pizza stones will crack, warp or melt after being used a few times.
Here are 10 of the best pizza stone for wood fired oven, as well as including their unique features.
Our Top 3 Picks for Best Pizza Stone for Wood Fired Oven
|Top Pick||Heritage Pizza Stone,||Check Price on Amazon|
|Runner Up Pick||Emile Henry pizza stone||Check Price on Amazon|
|Alternative Pick||Cast Elegance Durable Pizza and Baking Stone||Check Price on Amazon|
Best Pizza Stone for Wood Fired Oven
1. Cast Elegance Durable Thermal Shock Resistant Thermarite Pizza and Baking Stone
This pizza stone is made of cast iron, making it durable for your wood-fired oven. It is also thermal shock resistant and thermarite. This means that you can use it to make more than just pizza! You can bake bread on it as well.
The e-book included in this package has recipes that use the same type of stone so you’ll be able to get started right away. Integral to baking bread is kneading the dough; this stone makes kneading easier because its surface provides traction for your hands while working with the dough ball. It’s easy to clean with soap and water after each use; simply wipe down any grease or residue from your cooking session with a damp cloth or sponge (do not immerse).
Cast Elegance offers a lifetime warranty against defects in material or workmanship so if anything happens during normal use then they will replace it free of charge!
The Cast Iron Pizza Stone is a durable tool that will last for years to come. It’s made with the highest quality materials and is guaranteed by Cast Elegance, so you can trust that your purchase will stand up against time.
-Cast Iron Pizza Stone
-Made with 100% Cast Iron
-Durable and long-lasting
-Easy to clean with soap and water
2. Emile Henry 14″ Large Pizza Stone | Charcoal
The Emile Henry pizza stone is made from cast iron, which heats up quickly and retains heat. It’s easy to clean, which makes it a good choice for baking pizza. Durable and heavy (it weighs roughly 15 pounds), it won’t crack or chip like some other materials might over time. This stone can be used for baking other foods as well—you can bake bread on it!
The only downside is that this stone isn’t suitable for the microwave or dishwasher, so you’ll have to wash it by hand with warm soapy water after each use. And because of its weight, it might not be suitable if you live in an apartment where you don’t have much storage space available: there are lighter options available than this one!
-Suitable for baking pizza and other foods
-Durable and long-lasting
3. Heritage Black Ceramic Pizza Stone
If you really want to take your pizza making to the next level, this stone is the way to go. It’s heavy, durable, and will last forever. The Heritage Black Ceramic Pizza Stone is one of the best on the market today because it comes pre-seasoned and can reach temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. This means that not only will your pizza cook evenly and quickly but also that if you like burning things, it’ll be fun too!
If you’ve never used a stone before, they may seem complicated at first but they’re actually quite simple: just preheat your oven with some heat retention accessories (like this steel) until hot enough for cooking pizzas (400-500 degrees), place your dough on top of said stones then let them sit there until cooked through (around 10 minutes).
You’ll get better results by using multiple stones depending on your preference or style; for example, some people prefer thin crust pizzas while others prefer thick crusts so using two different kinds allows each type to cook perfectly without getting soggy from sitting too long under heat from another kind.
-Preheats quickly and evenly
-Doubles as a pizza stone, baking sheet, and grill
-Holds heat longer than other types of stones
– Pre-heat your oven with the stones inside to 400-500 degrees
– Place the dough on top of the stone for about 10 minutes
4. Old Stone Oven Rectangular Pizza Stone
This rectangular pizza stone is made of a special cordierite material that is ideal for baking pizzas. The preheated surface will give your crust the perfect amount of crispiness, and it has excellent heat retention.
The home oven environment can be less than ideal, but with the Old Stone Oven Rectangular Pizza Stone, you can help create the perfect pizza with ease. The stone features an advanced design that allows any type of dough or sauce to spread evenly across its surface without burning or affecting taste. It also works well with baked goods like bread and cakes!
This rectangular pizza stone from Old Stone Oven has been designed specifically for use in wood-fired ovens; however, it can also be used with gas or electric stoves as long as they reach high temperatures (500 degrees F). These stones are made from natural materials so they may vary slightly in size and shape; however, each one should still fit into most standard home ovens!
– Rectangular pizza stone
– Natural stone material
– Works with gas or electric stoves
– Can be used in wood fire ovens
– Works well with bread and cakes
– Dimensions: 18.5″ x 12.25″ x 1″
5. Pizza Stone by Hans Grill Baking Stone For Pizzas use in Oven and Grill
When it comes to pizza stones, it’s important to know what you’re looking for. The best pizza stone will have features that help your pizza get baked quickly and evenly. A good choice will also retain heat for a long period of time, so you can use it for various dishes besides just pizza. While many stones can do this job, some take the cake when it comes to performance and quality. If you want your next pie to turn out perfectly every time, then one tool is sure to impress!
When you want to cook your pizza in a wood-fired oven, the pizza stone is the best option. It will help preheat the oven and then hold in heat so that baked goods don’t burn or overcook when cooking at higher temperatures.
Pizza Stone by Hans Grill is one of the best pizza stone for wood fired oven on the market made with cordierite material that retains heat well and doesn’t absorb moisture. This means it will give you a crisp crust every time! The stone also
-Made of cordierite material, which retains heat well and doesn’t absorb moisture
-Can be used in the oven or on the grill/BBQ
-Dimensions: 15 x 12 inches
7. Unicook Heavy Duty Cordierite Pizza Stone
This is a heavy-duty pizza stone that can be used in the oven, grill, or smoker. It has cast iron handles and high thermal shock resistance. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty.
The unicook heavy-duty cordierite pizza Stone has excellent heat retention properties which makes it ideal for baking bread on top of it and cooking pizzas directly on the stone. The cast iron handles make it easy to move around when you’re cooking your favorite dishes on this stone.
The stones are also easy to clean, making them one of our favorites for cooking all kinds of dishes in your kitchen!
-Cast iron handles for easy handling
-30 day money back guarantee and 1-year warranty
-Made of high-quality materials that are durable and long-lasting
-High thermal shock resistance
-Can be used in the oven, grill, or smoker
-Cast iron handles make it easy to move around
8. Round Pizza Cooking Stone for Oven BBQ or Grill 15 inch
This is a large round pizza stone cooking stone. It is 15 inches in diameter and 1-3/4 inches thick. The bottom of the stone has a convenient handle for easy transport. It’s also recommended for use on any grill or oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, so you can cook on your charcoal barbecue as well!
This pizza stone is made from durable stainless steel, making it easy to clean after each use. It’s also safe to use in both wood-fired ovens and gas ovens, making it versatile enough for any kitchen setup! This round baking stone even comes with its own storage box that makes transporting and storing your pizza stone simple and convenient.
This heavy-duty cordierite baking stone features a stackable carry rack that allows you to easily transport the pizza stone from your oven to the grill or table with ease. The pizza stone itself is made durable.
-Made from high-quality, durable stainless steel
-Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
-Stackable carry rack included transporting easily
-Versatile pizza stone works with both wood-fired ovens and gas ovens
-Dimensions: 13.5” x 9.5” x 2”
9. Augosta Pizza Stone for Oven and Grill, Free Wooden Pizza Peel paddle
The Augosta 15 x 12 inch Pizza Stone for Oven and Grill is made of ceramic and has a heavy-duty non-toxic nonstick surface that prevents the pizza from sticking to it. It’s easy to clean and safe to store in your kitchen.
The product is a durable, thermal shock-resistant cooking stone perfect for grill making, baking evenly without cracking or chips. This stone can withstand high temperatures up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes without breaking down or warping which makes it safe for use in wood-fired ovens as well as gas grills such as the Weber Genesis gas grill.
The stone comes pre-seasoned with oil and is ready for immediate use out of the box without any need for additional preparation before putting it into your oven or on top of your grill!
-Made of high-quality clay
-Perfect for grilling, baking evenly without cracking or chips
-Can withstand high temperatures up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes without breaking down or warping
10. Pizzacraft PC9899 Square ThermaBond Baking/Pizza Stone
This pizza stone is a great choice for those who want the best of both worlds: heat retention and food release. The Pizzacraft PC9899 Square ThermaBond Baking/Pizza Stone is made from durable materials that give it excellent thermal properties, so you can be sure that your food will cook evenly and quickly. It’s also easy to clean, so you won’t need any special tools or supplies to take care of it.
-Made from durable materials that give it excellent thermal properties
-Easy to clean and maintain
-Can withstand high temperatures up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes without breaking down or warping
10. Yesland 3-Piece Pizza Stone Pizza Grilling Set
Made of high-quality cordierite, this pizza stone is durable and safe to use. It does not crack or break easily, even under heavy pressure. The non-stick nature of the stone makes it easy to clean. You can simply wipe it clean with a damp cloth after you have used it in your oven or on your grill. This stone is also ideal for baking bread rolls, pastries and pizzas on it too!
It can be used in your oven, grill, or barbecue to make perfect pizza and bread every time. The stone is easy to clean and has a non-stick surface for easy cooking.
-High-quality cordierite pizza stone
-Non-stick surface for easy cooking
-Its Ideal for baking bread rolls, pastries, and pizzas on it too!
-Durable and safe to use
11. Pizza Steel PRO by Hans Grill
This is hands-down one of the best Pizza stone for wood fired oven on the market. It is made from 1/4″ thick steel, which makes it sturdy and durable. The square shape allows you to easily cook a whole pizza at once. The bottom is covered with cordierite ceramic coated steel for even heating without hot spots that can burn your food or cause uneven baking times. This means that this stone will evenly cook all sides of your crust at once!
The top side has been specially designed with grooves that allow liquids to drain away from the dough as well causing less sticking problems during use.
The surface will never rust or chip off as many other cheaper woods do over time making this piece exceptionally easy to clean after each use so long as you follow proper care instructions located on their website page linked below (which we’ll discuss more later)
. Another great feature about this item is its warranty: if anything breaks within 5 years they will replace it free! This means no more worrying about breaking another one while trying something new in your ovens again – just get back out there cooking up some delicious pizzas again!
-Made from 100% real hardwood and stainless steel.
-Long-lasting and durable with a 5-year warranty on any parts that break (within the 1st 5 years of use).
-Will not warp and is safe to use in your oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
-Can be used as a serving tray or cutting board after cooking your pizza.
-Money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with this product!
12. Black Pizza Stone for Oven and Grill with Wood Pizza Peel & Pizza Cutter
This pizza stone is made of the highest quality Cordierite ceramic, which is a premium material that has high heat resistance, durability, and ease to clean. The pizza stone is coated with an extra layer of non-stick coating so that you can use it without worrying about your pizza sticking to it. It comes with detachable handles for easy handling while cooking in your oven or grill, plus also includes a wooden pizza peel that makes it easier to slide off cooked food from the baking stone.
The dimensions of this baking stone are 15 inches by 12 inches, which makes it perfect for use in small wood-fired ovens as well as regular ovens if you need something smaller than the 16-inch round size ones out there on the market today (it’s also very easy to store).
The pizza stone comes with a lifetime guarantee against breakage and cracking, which means you can use it as much as you want without worrying about it becoming unusable. The stone is also made of high-quality materials that won’t leach chemicals into your food like some other cheaper brands out there on the market today.
-Made of 100% natural materials (earthen clay)
-Enameled interior and exterior with non-toxic materials
-Extremely durable and long-lasting
Things to consider before buying the best Pizza stone for wood fired oven
1. Material: The first thing to consider before buying a pizza stone is the material it’s made of. There are several different materials that you can choose from, including:
You’ll want to choose a stone that’s made of good quality material so it doesn’t leach chemicals into your food or break easily when you use it.
2. Size: Another important thing to look for when buying a pizza stone is its size. The best size for most people is 16-inch round or rectangular stones because they fit well in ovens and on the grill but they aren’t too big or small if you just need something smaller than this size.
3. Durability: You’ll also want to consider how durable your stone is, especially if you plan on using it regularly. The best stones are made from materials that won’t break or crack easily but can still withstand high temperatures without melting or cracking.
4. Price: The final thing to consider is the price of your pizza stone. You’ll want to buy one that fits within your budget, but other things like durability and size are more important than price so don’t get a cheap model if it won’t last very long or fit well in your oven.
5. Heat Retention: The best pizza stone for wood fired oven will have good heat retention, which means they’ll hold the heat from your oven for a long time. This allows you to cook multiple pizzas at once or give you more time to prepare the rest of your meal before eating.
Five Tips for Using Your Pizza Stone
Once you’ve chosen your pizza stone and have it set up in your oven, here are some tips for getting the most out of it:
1. Start with room temperature ingredients: For best results, start by preheating your oven as hot as possible then let it sit while you prepare your toppings so they can come to room temperature too.
2. Seasoning is important: It’s also important that you season your pizza stone really well before using it for the first time so that the flavor will be evenly distributed throughout the entire surface area of the stone instead of just on the top where you’ve applied the seasoning.
3. Clean your pizza stone: Make sure to clean your pizza stone thoroughly after using it so that any food particles or bacteria won’t be left behind and make your next pizza a little less tasty than it could have been!
4. Use a pizza peel: When putting the pizza on your stone, use a pizza peel to help you get it onto the surface without making any mistakes that could cause it to fall off and become less than delicious.
5. Preheat your stone: The best way to cook a pizza is to preheat your stone before you start cooking. This will allow the stone’s temperature to rise gradually and evenly so that it heats up properly before you add any ingredients!
6. Use high-quality ingredients: In order for your pizza to be as delicious as possible, it’s important that you use high-quality ingredients like fresh tomatoes, cheese, basil, and more!
I hope this article has helped you to find the best pizza stone for your wood fired oven. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.
Best Pizza Stone For Traeger
Best Pizza Stone For Oven And Grill