Whether you’re reading this review from India, Japan, Canada, the UK, or any part of the globe, there’s one thing you’re probably bothered with and that is, what’s inside the Best Stainless steel electric kettle? and what price does the ‘no plastic’ piece of kitchenware save you?
In this article, I’ll walk you through everything you need to know about the stainless steel electric kettle, I’ll also clear every doubt you have regarding no plastic steel kettles.
Here are some questions that you will find answers to in this review:
- are stainless steel electric kettles safe?
- are stainless steel electric kettles without plastic?
- how to clean stainless steel electric kettle (Inside and Outside)?
- how to descale stainless steel electric kettle?
- what’s the cost of stainless steel electric kettle?
- what’s the best stainless steel electric kettle?
- why are steel electric kettles made shiny?
Let me assume that you know nothing about the stainless steel electric kettle, In the next paragraph, I will run you through the basics of the stainless steel electric kettle and how it differs from the conventional tea electric kettle.
Best stainless steel electric kettle: Description
Stainless steel electric kettles in a nutshell are kettles whose vital parts are mostly made of stainless steel.
These parts include the double-wall liners, inner lid, spout & rim.
In stainless steel kettles, the interior and exterior are made of 100% Stainless except for the detachable power base and handle which are made of plastics that are 100% BPA free and do not touch the water.
This is very important because plastics made from BPA ( bisphenol A) disrupt the functions of hormones — especially estrogen which is a major health hazard.
This is one of the reasons why most people prefer stainless steel electric kettles to plastic kettles.
Are stainless steel electric kettles safe?
As you may know, electric kettles come in three categories: in form of plastic, which is risky to the health due to the presence of BPA in these plastics; in form of glass, which need more vigorous cleaning for staying in hygienic condition and; in form of stainless steel which is very hygienic and even include scale filter to prevent the limescale buildup inside the kettle.
This is a very important question for anyone who considers their well-being as being very vital.
Stainless steel electric kettles do contain plastics BUT these plastics are not present in the interior of the kettle hence they pose no risk at all.
They are only found in some exterior parts like the detachable base, handle and power control unlike kettles made from pure polycarbonate materials also, the plastics used in stainless steel electric kettles are 100% BPA free.
The reasons why most people prefer no plastic stainless steel kettles are because:
1. Plastics used in kettles may alter the flavor of your tea, milk, water, or whatever substance you’re boiling.
This is because of the heat present in the interior of these kettles which causes the chemicals to wear and blend with the substance – this can be very hazardous
2. Plastic kettles tend to change the odor or aroma of tea, water, milk, or the substance being heated.
If you’re like me, you most likely won’t take in a tea that smells like it was made in the factory LOL!, but it’s just the truth.
Since Stainless steel electric kettles are made coated on the interior with steel which is a strong alloy, it does not change the aroma of substances been heated and even resists corrosion, scratching, and denting – I’ll talk more on these in subsequent paragraphs.
How to clean stainless steel electric kettle (Inside and Outside)?
Cleaning your stainless steel electric kettle can be a very tedious task if you don’t know how to go about it but on the flip side, it’s a really simple exercise and will take you only about 15 minutes if you follow the steps outline below.
Now before I tell you what to do and how to go about it, let’s outline what you’ll be needing in the process.
Materials You need to clean stainless steel electric kettle (Inside and Outside)
- Clean Water
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Handy Scrub Brush
- Microfiber Clothe (Piece)
Steps to clean stainless steel electric kettle (Inside and Outside)
1. Mix equal amounts of water and the distilled white vinegar
2. Pour the mixture into your kettle and heat till it boils, it’ll turn off automatically (in most cases, otherwise turn it off manually), unplug the boiler
3. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then dip your microfiber clothes into the mixture. Squeeze a bit and use the moist piece to thoroughly wipe the exterior of the kettle.
4. Insert the Scrub brush into the kettle and cleanse the interior thoroughly, ensure your brush touches all corners of the kettle
5. Turn out the mixture and rinse with clean water
6. Boil and drain another clean water at least two times, this will ensure that no trace of vinegar, its odor nor taste is left in your boiler, that’s it you have successfully cleaned your boiler
how to descale stainless steel electric kettle?
Descaling your electric kettles is vital because it keeps the inside of your kettle clean, reduces the boiling time, and thereby saves energy. Overall, it extends the lifetime of your kettle.
It is important to descale appliances every 3 months in hard water areas and every 6 months in soft water areas.
The process of manually descaling and cleaning your kettle has been discussed in the section above but here’s the cool thing, most of the stainless steel kettles have removable and cleanable scale filters.
This greatly automates the process of cleaning your electric kettle and makes you bother less on those stubborn limescale deposits that kettles attract.
Also, if you want to go the extra mile, can grab the Oust Kettle Descaler Drop-in Bag. This descaler will save you enough time and effort by reducing the processes involved in descaling your kettle discussed above.
What’s the cost of stainless steel electric kettle?
Budget is one of the reasons why people choose either to buy plastic, glass, or stainless steel electric kettles.
Before I go on to tell you the price range of getting the best stainless steel electric kettle in the market let me state upfront that plastic kettles are the cheapest in the market but when this plastic comes in contact with boiling water, it can result in a health hazard.
As for glass kettles, they are more expensive compared to plastic or stainless steel kettles, this should not come as a surprise because of the cost and processes involved in manufacturing glass and turning it into kettles.
Interestingly, stainless steel kettles come at reasonable prices and include lots of additional features. Prices of these kettles begin from $19.96 dollars to $29.9.
A quick comparison to glass kettles shows that you save up to 75% cost when you get these stainless steel electric kettles.
What this implies is that you can purchase two steel kettles at the same cost as you would a glass kettle without the fear that it might drop and get broken.
Compare the prices of glass kettles below and to stainless steel kettles above:
It’s just a no-brainer !, if you choose to get the best value for your money, I recommend you check out this Stainless steel electric kettle, they come at the best prices and yet quality features that outrank both the plastic and glass kettle combined.
What’s the best stainless steel electric kettle?
After thorough market research, Here’s what is found to be the best stainless steel kettle in limited stock this very moment; the AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Portable Electric Hot Water Kettle – 1 Liter, Silver.
This kettle is Amazon’s #1 Best Seller in Electric Kettles.
Benefits of Using the AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Portable Electric Hot Water Kettle – 1 Liter, Silver.
Easy to Descale and Clean
The electric kettle features a concealed heating element for a smooth, simple-to-clean interior, and all materials that come in contact with water are BPA-free.
To further ensure great-tasting, healthier results, the kettle’s filter can be removed and cleaned as needed.
Auto Shutoff with Boil-Dry Protection
Turn the kettle on and walk away without having to worry. Once the water begins to boil, the kettle turns itself off automatically.
Thanks to its convenient cordless design, the electric kettle lifts off its power base for easy filling at the sink and easy pouring without the hassle of a dangling power cord getting in the way.
The kettle’s water window allows for precise filling and for checking water levels at a glance. Even more, the kettle’s power base provides a long 30-inch power cord for flexible placement on any counter.
There’s also a handy cord wrap for keeping the extra cord out of the way and for compact storage.
Reviews on AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Portable Electric Hot Water Kettle – 1 Liter, Silver.
Why are steel electric kettles made shiny?
One factor people put into consideration when getting a new kettle is ‘Appearance’. In other words, how does the kettle feel?
The reason why steel kettles appear shiny is because of the steel they are made of on the exterior.
Not only does this make your kettles look great, but it is also very durable and prevents scratching and denting.
Stainless steel kettles like the AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Portable Electric Hot Water Kettle come in beautiful designs and can look perfect on your table or countertop.
Summary: Pros and Cons of Steel Kettles
If you’ve read through this article, you must have discovered why stainless steel electric kettles are by far the most popular ones among the customers, especially the AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Portable Electric Hot Water Kettle which is Amazon’s Amazon #1 Best Seller in Electric Kettles.
Some of the reasons why we recommend this trending electric kettle is because of its:
- Cordless design allows for easy filling and serving; power base with 30-inch power cord for flexible placement, plus cord wrap for compact storage
- Concealed heating element; BPA-free food-contact materials; removable filter for easy cleaning
- Automatic shutoff with boil-dry protection for safety and peace of mind; water window for precise filling and checking levels at a glance
- Backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
With that being said, what are the advantages and disadvantages of getting the stainless steel electric kettle compared to plastic or glass kettles?
Pros of stainless steel kettles
1. They are more durable than both plastic and glass kettles, what this means is that have the ability to withstand wear, pressure, and damage than other kinds of kettles.
2. They come at reasonable prices and include lots of additional features.
3. Most of the stainless steel kettles have removable and cleanable scale filters.
4. Stainless steel kettles are also coming in a lot of beautiful designs and can look perfect on your table or countertop.
5. Stainless steel kettles like the AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Portable Electric Hot Water Kettle come with a transparent Water Window Scale that helps you gauge and see-through water, tea, milk, or whatever substance you’re boiling.
This can also help you monitor the color of the substance being heated if it’s sensitive to overheating.
Cons of Stainless Steel Kettles
1. Although lighter than glass kettles, still, stainless steel kettles are heavier than plastic ones.
So, if you would love to secure the AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Portable Electric Hot Water Kettle, Click Here —> SECURE.
You can also check out my trending review on, the Top 10 Best Mixing Bowls For Hand Mixer (2019 ) – Compared.
If you found this post very useful and want a friend to also read it, kindly share it on social media using the buttons below.